Shopping Cart
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
CelebrateThank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart

To obtain a marriage license in New Jersey:

If you live in NJ and are getting married in NJ:

You must not be a party to another civil union, domestic partnership or marriage

Be of the opposite sex

Be at least 18 years of age

Apply for your license in the town where the bride resides legally

What is required:

Proof of identity with a driver's license, passport or federal I.D.

Proof of residency

Your social security card or number

One witness, 18 years of age or older

If divorced, please bring the divorce decree

You must apply no sooner than 30 days prior to the wedding date. The license is only good for 30 days

There is a 72 hour waiting period before the license is issued

The officiant will fill out the marriage license after the ceremony and file it with the municipality where your wedding took place. You can pick up a copy of it from that office in 2 days

If you live in any other state and are getting married in NJ:

Same information as above however you will apply for the license in NJ in the town of which the wedding ceremony will take place.

To obtain a marriage license in Pennsylvania:

The Marriage License Bureau is part of the Clerk of the Orhpans' Court and Register of Wills. The following are the legal requirements for obtaining a marriage license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

When to apply:

  • Minimum of three business days and/or up to a maximum of 60 days prior to the marriage ceremony.
  • There is a three (business) day waiting period for issuance of the actual license.
    Where to apply:
  • Office of the Clerk of Orphans' Court of any County of Pennsylvania.
    What is required:
  • Both applicants must be present to apply.
  • Applicants must be 18 years of age in order to apply for a marriage license. This rule applies to both male and female applicants. Applicants between 16-18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to provide written consent to the marriage. Applicants under 16 years of age must have both the written approval of a judge of the Orphans' Court Division of the Common Pleas AND a parent or legal guardian given written consent.
  • Social Security Numbers are REQUIRED at the time of application.
  • Drivers license or Photo ID for applicants
  • Visas are required for citizens of another country

Applicants who have been previously married must provide the following information concerning the latest dissolution of prior marriages:


  • In the case of a divorce, a certified copy of the divorce decree(s) must be presented which states:
  • Month, day and year of final decree.
  • County and state where granted.
  • Female (if last name differs from decree) - must provide documents from Court of name change.
  • Note: Foreign divorces require a certified English translation.
  • A certified copy of the annulment document is required which must include the same information as stated above for a divorce.
  • The date of death of the deceased spouse is necessary.

To obtain a marriage license in other states: